Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mommy

I recently was asked for my mother's name for security purposes.
I thought for a minute and still gave her the WRONG NAME!!!
In my defense she will have been gone 30 years this year... wow... 30 years...
I began to think that I need to tell stories about my mother to my kids.
I should show them pictures... wait... I don't think I have a single picture of my Mother.
Then I started thinking about how I have gone years without taking pictures with my son.
I had bought into the idea that I am not the perfect woman and therefore should not be seen... especially for posterity. :(

I thought about that when my son turned 13. I started taking pictures of me with my son.
This year after the birth of my daughter I gave my son a collage of some of my favorite pictures of me with my son. I LOVED it... and while he liked it... his comment was wow these pictures are old!
I need to fix that! We need to take pictures more often! I think I have 4 pictures of me with my daughter... FOUR. She IS only 3 months old but I need to make sure we have pictures together!
I am sooo glad that we took a Family picture together this year for Yule but I need to make a habit of taking more pictures with my kids. You never know what will happen in life. Make sure that you reminders for your future generations <3

-Blessed Be.

1 comment:

  1. I found this blog written but not posted.
    My green man had inspired me to make time to blog again.
    Update to this blog is that I have made an effort to be in pictures with my daughter who is now 15 months old <3

    ReplyDelete